Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Fred Lyon

To me, Fred Lyon is one of the best photographers to have ever lived. I'm amazed everytime I look at one of his photographs because of the way he mixes a tremendous amount of detail with simplicity. It's a skill that every photographer strives to improve and perfect like he has.

Fred Lyon is a fourth generation San Franciscan who was born in 1924. In WWII, he served as a Navy photographer. He also documented the everyday lives of hundreds of San Franciscans from the 1940's to the 1960's and published his work in a book titled San Francisco - Portrait of a City.

His work is a real inspiration to my own photography. His technical skills are unmatched but I strive to take photos with as much attention to detail as he does.

Check out his work: http://www.fredlyonsanfrancisco.com/Category.cfm?nL=0&nS=6

No comments:

Post a Comment