Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Anna Ladd

My favorite artist right now is a woman named Anna Ladd. She is an artist based in Philadelphia who makes work that is usually personal. Some of my favorite projects are "Things i told the internet but didnt tell my mom", and "am I ever going to love anything as much as I loved fall out boy when i was 11? "

Here's a link to the 2nd.

http://www.annaladdphoto.com/1931658-am-i-ever-gonna-love-anything


I find this project extremely relatable. It's about being young and growing up. I like her layout with the red candles and the string and snapshots.

Here are some lines I like:

"red hair dye under my mom's watchful eye is becoming who you are"

" a shaky-legged morning-after seal of approval."

"self worth as defined by what the numbers read that morning- a repetative, consuming reminder of me value, my dripping pores, my empty stomach, my vow"


Check her out!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment